Die Cut Operator
Scarborough, ME 04074 US
HW Staffing is partnering with a manufacturing company, who is hiring a Die Cut operator in Scarborough, ME. This position is responsible for the performance of manual and machine tasks in the set-up, maintenance, and operation of die cut equipment to accurately produce product to customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• General knowledge and understanding of die cutting processes and equipment
• Reads job tickets to determine setup specifications and instructions
• Observes and monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions and to determine whether adjustments are needed
• Follows all standard operating procedures relevant to the job, position and department
• Performs routine adjustments during the press run and maintain production throughout the run
• Performs all assigned work effectively and on schedule
• Follows instructions accurately
• Maintains records of daily production, using specified forms
• Records production information such as amount of time spent on specific tasks
• Keeps work area neat and clean
• Opens machines and remove/replace damaged product, using hand tools
• Trains workers to set up, operate and use machines
• Daily/weekly/monthly maintenance and troubleshooting
• Preforms make-readies
• Coordinates efforts as part of the team to provide assistance to all co-workers (in all departments) as needed to maximize production efficiencies
• Follows established department policies, procedures, work instructions and safety and environmental guidelines
• Performs other job duties as assigned
An experienced operator with at least 3 years die cutting experience is required with a High School Diploma/ GED as well.
• Knowledge of Bobst die cutting equipment preferred.
• Must have at least 2 years’ experience running board stock and paper on flatbed die cutters.
• Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Must have basic computer skills – data entry.
• Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic including additions, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Must be able to maintain good attendance.
• Must pass color vision test.
• Must pass color hue test.
• Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
• Must be able to use pre-make ready table.
• Must be able to ability to use rulers, calipers, micrometers and other inspection equipment.
• Must have knowledge of size and location when beginning the nicking process.
• Must have ability to recognize common packaging defects (cracking, sharpness, heavy scores, line-up, tearing, flat scores, one-sided scores, light cutting, loose fibers, pressure marks, etc.).
• Must have ability to make a spotting sheet.
• Must have ability to make stripping boards.
• Must have knowledge of when and what type of rubber or cork to use.
• Must have knowledge of how to use benders, bridgers, miters, and cutters for reknifing.
• Must have knowledge of adjustment process for tonnage on cutting.
• Must have knowledge of when to use underlay or begin spotting.
• Must have knowledge of operating the cube/manual tonnage.
• Must have knowledge of 1mm counter plates.
• Must have knowledge of using register pins for counters.
• Must have knowledge and ability to repair dies by modifying creasing rules and cutting knives.
• Must have knowledge of blind make-readies and what it entails.
• Must have knowledge of counter plates, matrix, spotting tape, and underlaying.
• Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
At HW Staffing Solutions we recognize the value of our employee associates as equally as our clients. We are passionate about people and improving the lives of every associate, we do this by connecting you with great companies and great opportunities. We celebrate our awesome diversity, believe that everyone has a unique talent, and appreciate the passion and perspectives that each of us bring to the table. Discover a new way to work together with a company that is focused on offering the best opportunities, benefits and career advancement in Accounting & Finance, Office & Administrative, Light Industrial, Professional & Technical, Call Center, Food Processing and Hospitality. HW Staffing Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.