Electrical Mechanic Specialist
New Bedford, MA 02740 US
We are looking to identify an Electrical Mechanical Specialist. This is a 2nd or 3rd Shift, full time opportunity
Objective: Responsible for analyzing, troubleshooting, maintaining production machines and or improved equipment reliability. Participate in preventative and predictive maintenance practices. Effectively work with others within the team environment to achieve team goals. Effectively communicate with co-workers and Team Leaders, including continuous improvement activities. Perform all additional duties as assigned by Team Leader.
- Troubleshooting Programmable Logic controller via the use of a PC- Allen Bradley (PLC); Discrete/Analog I/O
- Troubleshooting Servo Drives, Frequency Drives, AC/DC Drives
- Working Knowledge of Sensors; Photo, Laser, measurement
- Working Knowledge of Robotics (Fanuc, Yamaha, Denso, Epson)
- Knowledge of Vision Systems (Keyence, Cognex)
- Troubleshooting of Pneumatics systems
- Demonstrated ability to Read/Understand Electrical Prints
- Required to maintain work records (work orders and parts inventory) on computerized Maintenance system. Other duties as assigned.
- PM assigned equipment
Education: High school diploma required; vocational training preferred.
- Approved Technical Associates Degree/College Level certificate in Electrical/Electronic Discipline and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an electrical discipline maintaining and repairing industrial equipment; or
- A minimum of 7 years of industrial experience in a skilled trade with an electrical discipline with no formal post-secondary education.
- Will be required to complete TPC educational requirements for any skills gaps identified.
- Must have own trade tools.
Special Credentials/Skills: Demonstrated ability to install, repair, troubleshoot and maintain machinery and equipment. Formal electronic training on AC/DC circuits. Formal PLC training- basic overview of PLC function, communications, working knowledge of mechanical systems, and instrumentation & controls experience. Working knowledge and use of safe work practices including Lock Out-Tag Out and NFPA - 70E
- Read, write and speak English
- Follow manufacturing/equipment specifications
- Demonstrated mechanical skills techniques
- Perform basic math calculations
- Use blueprints and schematics
- Use a computer
- Use/understand measuring devices/tolerances
- Knowledge of electrical schematics
- Use various hand and power tools
- Learn and apply quality standards of workmanship/product
At HW Staffing Solutions we recognize the value of our employee associates as equally as our clients. We are passionate about people and improving the lives of every associate, we do this by connecting you with great companies and great opportunities. We celebrate our awesome diversity, believe that everyone has a unique talent, and appreciate the passion and perspectives that each of us bring to the table. Discover a new way to work together with a company that is focused on offering the best opportunities, benefits and career advancement in Accounting & Finance, Office & Administrative, Light Industrial, Professional & Technical, Call Center, Food Processing and Hospitality. HW Staffing Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.