Bridgewater, MA 02333
Examples of Work:
Maintain and cultivate a professional environment that supports the Office of the Manager's service orientation and commitment to high quality by (1) coordinating and supporting all activities of the office; (2) providing relevant and appropriate information and service to internal and external constituents; and (3) maintaining strict confidence relative to the operations in the Office of the Town Manager.
Work with the Manager, Assistant Manager and assigned staff to develop and distribute communication to various constituencies including government officials, community leaders, staff members and other officials. Proofreads and edits letters, instructions and other communications ensuring that they are appropriately written and grammatically correct.
Keep abreast of functions and responsibilities of offices within the organization. Have the willingness and ability to work, cooperate, and effectively communicate the needs of the Office of the Manager with co-workers, council staff and various outside contacts, including but not limited to vendors, and government agencies.
Review and respond to various inquiries and requests to the Office of the Manager, all offices, government agencies and various external contacts. Refer inquiries and requests as appropriate to other departments. Perform follow-up if/as necessary.
Prepare purchase orders, maintain up-to-date records of budget expenditures, and handle other incoming invoices requiring payment as needed.
Apprise the Manager and/or Assistant Manager of time sensitive issues/materials as they occur. Review all incoming mail. Analyze information from incoming documents, and a variety of other sources to ascertain importance to the department.
Manage the calendar for the Manager and Assistant Manager; independently determining the importance of requested meetings and coordinates calendar accordingly by: coordinating their participation in meetings, activities, public events, external meetings, etc. Prepare briefing materials beforehand.
Assist with planning, coordinating and executing special events at various internal and external locations. Coordinate schedules, set up rooms, prepare materials and prepare notes for meetings as required. Make travel and conference arrangements.
Produce mailing lists, to track communications and maintain other information; helps maintain all governmental and community databases and updates various lists.
At times, compose, prepare, and proofread correspondence for the Manager' signature.
Handles all department filing, ordering office supplies and other administrative functions as needed.
Handle other tasks and responsibilities as necessary.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
• Must be able to provide assistance with the development and implementation of various reports within the office in terms of content, updating, and maintaining the database.
• Should be proficient in EXCEL at the proficient level. Will need to be able to develop a spreadsheet, create formulas, create tables and charts, and double check work for accuracy.
• Ability to follow through on projects is essential.
• Type memos accurately.
• Type a draft of a memo or email that correctly relays messages with 100% accuracy.
• Phone messages are conveyed clearly and accurately 100% of the time.
• Provide accurate hand-written messages.
• Ability to answer phones timely and accurately relay messages.
• Ability to type 50 wpm with MS Office experience including Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of Adobe required.
• Know how to merge letters and other documents. Understand how to set up a merge file document and blend it within the word document.
• Ability to type a document from hand-written notes.
• Ability to accurately file items, and monitor and order supplies.
• Must be able to maintain computer files, and maintain and update office logs.
• Excellent oral and written communication, proofreading and editing skills.
• Outstanding organizational skills, judgment and sense of responsibility in order to work independently without supervision.
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Professional, pleasant and effective interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge and competence in the use of communications and information management technologies.
• Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, including tracking and coordinating activities and setting and adhering to deadlines.
• Successful experience supporting cross-functional teams in a deadline-driven environment.
• Outstanding customer service skills with a professional, pleasant and effective telephone manner.
Monday - Thursday 8AM - 5PM; Friday 8AM - 1PM CONTRACT POSITION (MAY GO PERM)
Associates degree preferred.
Candidates must have at least 5 years of related office experience and they must be able to demonstrate experience in administrative support functions in a confidential, highly professional executive setting. However, two to four years successful experience working for a CEO or serving as an executive level administrative support, with progressively responsible information technology and administrative responsibilities preferred.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.