Field Technical Trainer
Novi, MI US
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts training courses for both customers and client personnel on the operation and maintenance of laser systems; the use of the entire client Elements Software suite for programming parts and managing production; as well as other important topic areas as required.
- Assists in the development and improvement of training programs, including outlines, guides, procedures, and other resources.
- Supports testing of new machine and software features, options, settings, technology, and versions for incorporation into training and field service operations.
- Helps develop documentation for distribution to customer and client personnel to improve their understanding and proper use of client products.
- The ability to travel, both domestically & internationally.
- Supports customers by providing technical counsel and solutions to specific technical issues/Service Tickets.
- Understands technical issues to the point of being able to make recommendations and/or refer the matter to a subject expert.
- Maintains a positive rapport and business relationship with customers by providing outstanding customer service.
- Other activities as assigned, in support of operational requirements deemed necessary by Laser Applications Supervisor and Training Development and Applications Support Manager.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma required. Associate degree in a technical discipline and/or equivalent technical military training preferred.
- At least two (2) years of Computer Aided Design experience (Solid Works, Catia, Inventor or similar programs) preferred.
- At least three (3) years of manufacturing experience in the areas of machine setup, maintenance, and parts programming.
- Proficient with CAD/CAM programming
- Ability to diagnosis and resolve technical issues quickly and efficiently
- Mechanical aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Must have exceptional time management skills
- Able to effectively work with all levels of team members and all types of customer personalities
- Proficient in Windows OS and Microsoft Office/Suite
- Ability to travel up to 100%, as required by management
- Valid Driver’s License with no more than two (2) points on a driving record within a three (3) year period.
At HW Staffing Solutions we recognize the value of our employee associates as equally as our clients. We are passionate about people and improving the lives of every associate, we do this by connecting you with great companies and great opportunities. We celebrate our awesome diversity, believe that everyone has a unique talent, and appreciate the passion and perspectives that each of us bring to the table. Discover a new way to work together with a company that is focused on offering the best opportunities, benefits and career advancement in Accounting & Finance, Office & Administrative, Light Industrial, Professional & Technical, Call Center, Food Processing and Hospitality. HW Staffing Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.