First Shift Seafood Production Associate
142 Saint John Street , Portland, Maine 04102 Portland, ME 04102
The Production Crew Member works on various production tasks as assigned, including general seafood packing operations (scallops, groundfish and mussels) and other general labor. Production Crew Members will maintain a clean working environment, will understand and adhere to all applicable Food Safety and Workplace Safety regulations, and adhere to 5S/Lean Manufacturing Principles (everything has a place and everything is in its place). Crew members must have the flexibility to work scheduled hours, as needed, to complete daily production requirements (sometimes more than eight hours, sometimes less than eight hours).
Reports directly to the Production Supervisor.
Duties would include some of the following items:
- Weighing, grading and packing fresh and frozen fillets, mussels and scallops.
- Seafood processing general duties including such tasks as preparing boxes for use, moving products as well as grading, weighing and packing products for customer orders in compliance with customer specifications..
- Processing customer orders: weighing, packing and boxing for shipment. Seafood processing general duties including such tasks as clean-up and set-up of trim line, and moving products to and from work stations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be comfortable lifting up to 50 lbs, Standing, Stretching, and Bending for the duration of shift.
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to take direction and to learn to perform the production duties in an efficient and safe manner.
- Attention to detail and strong quality orientation.
- Ability to perform successfully with minimal supervision.
- Ability to treat coworkers with respect.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Good manual dexterity is a must.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.
HW Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, membership in or application to the uniformed services, physical or mental disability or any other classification protected by applicable law.