Formulation Technician I
Galbraith Road , Cincinnati, Ohio 45237 Cincinnati, OH 45237 US
Formulation Technician for Pharmaceutical company:
In this position, you will be responsible for performing operations related to the manufacturing of pharmaceutical products through equipment set-up, operation, clean up and maintenance in compliance with all regulatory cGMP requirements and company policies and procedures.
• Responsible for learning the manufacturing and/or packaging process as assigned by following approved batch records (BR), work instructions (WI), standard operating procedures (SOP), etc.
• Set up, changeover, program and operate various equipment manufacturing and/or packaging equipment including, mixers, extruders, welders, dryers, pouch sealers.
• Cleaning facilities, equipment and utensils as required following SOP's and WI's.
• Complete documentation as required in the manufacturing and/or packaging of product.
• Maintain work areas and performing job functions in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with policies and procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP's), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and Batch Record instructions.
• Prepare manufacturing areas and equipment for the production of pharmaceutical products
• Safely operates various types of computer-controlled equipment used in dispensing, granulation, compression or coating
• Disassembles, cleans, and re-assembles equipment using basic hand tools
• Assists with troubleshooting of equipment and process issues
• Maintains accurate, neat, error free records such as batch records and logbooks
• Accurately follows production documents, standard operating procedures (SOP's) and current good manufacturing practices (cGMPs)
• Identifies safety, quality, and efficiency improvements and actively participates in learning organization development
• Performs duties in other work areas as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• This role requires High School Diploma.
• 1 year of previous experience in a manufacturing environment within pharmaceutical, nutraceutical or food processing industries strongly preferred.
• Must communicate effectively with written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to follow cGMP and other regulatory requirements.
• Ability to maintain compliance in all SOP, cGMP, EHS and other training curriculum as assigned.
• Operate and troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
• Work on assignments that are routine to semi-routine in nature where the ability to recognize
• Mechanical proficiency and ability to disassemble and reassemble various types of equipment (GMP facility preferred)
• Basic reading comprehension and math skills vital to follow sophisticated technical instructions and complete BPR calculations.
• Have interpersonal skills and ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
• Prior computer operation and experience in APACS, is desirable.
• Ability to manipulate/handle drums weighing up to 200lbs and lift containers weighing up to 90lbs.
• Ability to hand-scoop 5 lbs. intermittently throughout the workday.
• Job requires wearing personal protective equipment to include white zone gowning requirements and various styles of respirators (1/2 face, 3-M hood, full face, and dust mask).
• Ability to operate a stand up fork lift and walkie stacker
Must have proof of High School or GED diploma.
Will be wearing safety steel toed shoes/boots
At HW Staffing Solutions we recognize the value of our employee associates as equally as our clients. We are passionate about people and improving the lives of every associate, we do this by connecting you with great companies and great opportunities. We celebrate our awesome diversity, believe that everyone has a unique talent, and appreciate the passion and perspectives that each of us bring to the table. Discover a new way to work together with a company that is focused on offering the best opportunities, benefits and career advancement in Accounting & Finance, Office & Administrative, Light Industrial, Professional & Technical, Call Center, Food Processing and Hospitality. HW Staffing Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.