Hancock, ME 04640
Who We Are:
At HW Staffing Solutions, we want to help people in our community find jobs and provide them with the opportunity to achieve success. HW Staffing Solutions is built on the core principles of dignity, excellence and service. Our goal is simply to connect great people with great companies. We partner with job seekers and work hard to ensure the right fit. As HW Staffing Solutions continues to grow, it is our vision for our staff to embody the same core principles this company was founded on and to remember that our success wouldn’t be possible without the people who call on us every day for work.
The primary function of a Greenhouse Laborer is to assemble, layout, load, unload and maintain live horticultural products and make the supervisor aware of any abnormalities in product performance, health, consistency and appearance.
Perform manual labor to transplant vegetable plants and herbs within an assembly line. Operate machinery, equipment and vehicles. Walk, sit, stand on concrete or other surfaces, push and pull carts, bend, stoop, and crouch for long periods of time. Use of repetitive hand and finger movement. Agricultural work experience preferred, but motivation to learn, willingness to work hard, and a strong attendance record matter most.
What We Need From You:
- This is a seasonal part-time to full-time position depending on performance and desire to work; hours may vary throughout the season.
- Assemble live horticultural products in various sizes, shapes and difficulties.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment free of hazards, dangers and obstacles.
- Receive training, correction and suggestions from supervisors with a good attitude.
- Loading and unloading horticultural materials on and off of carts.
- Lift up to 50lbs from floor to 5 feet correctly and safely throughout the workday.
- Fill machinery with growing medium and moisturize medium according to formula.
- Retrieve and return product labeling materials according to product being produced.
- Maintain records of inventory and production daily.
- Perform duties between 30° and 110° Fahrenheit, even in inclement weather.
- Arrange, move, organize and condense products on the growing surface.
- Must be available to work at least 8:00am-5:00pm 5 days a week
Tools, supplies, and equipment provided at no cost.
What You Will Receive:
At HW Staffing Solutions, our expert recruiters treat everyone with respect. Our entire staff provides a quality of excellence in service to both companies and employees that are uncompromised. When you partner with our company, this is what you can expect:
- Pre-placement screenings, training, and support at no cost to you.
- A commitment from HW Staffing Solutions to your personal and general safety.
- Optional health coverage programs while you are on assignment through HW Staffing.
- Local servicing and support through your HW Staffing Branch office for general inquiries and employee support for onsite issues.
- More than 35 years of experience in the staffing and recruiting industry from which to draw upon.
- An environment which fosters overall growth.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.