IT Desktop Support
Northborough, MA 01532 US
We are looking for a motivated IT support technician to address the needs of our users. Work will include onsite and remote support ranging from troubleshooting technical issues, hardware setup, networking, printing issues, system builds and configurations, etc. The Desktop Support Technician will demonstrate support skills in the areas of operating systems (Windows 11) Microsoft Office 365, common applications, system and peripheral network connectivity, as well as mobile device – MDM (iPhone) support. This opportunity is based at our Northborough/Marlborough facilities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Desktop configuration and deployment for new and existing employees
- Respond to tickets via support ticketing system
- Work directly with users & other IT colleagues to diagnose and resolve technical issues while providing excellent customer service during all interactions.
- Administer and troubleshoot network printers, file share mappings, and NTFS security permissions.
- Work with application vendors to gather technical requirements, installation guides, and other technical documents in order to install, upgrade, patch, and troubleshoot business critical applications on Windows servers.
- Process and work service requests in a timely fashion to include recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow up
- Document, track, and monitor problems while driving every issue to ensure a timely resolution
- Effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Provide support for end users covering a wide variety of issues
- Respond to occasional support calls after business hours
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience or 1 years’ experience with college degree
- CompTIA A+ or Microsoft MCP in current desktop operating systems
- Troubleshooting skills and techniques applied to diagnosing TCP/IP networking issues
- Knowledge in addressing DNS and DHCP issues and configurations
- Knowledge of setting up VPN, RDP and other remote technologies for desktops
- Experience installing, supporting, and troubleshooting business critical client-server applications on Windows desktop systems
- Knowledge and experience administering Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy
- Knowledge and experience administering Office-365 cloud environments
- Ability to work well both in a team environment and as an independent self-starter
- Thorough knowledge of desktop application (Office, Outlook, Antivirus, etc.)
- Knowledge of setting up handheld smart devices in a network environment - iPhone
- Knowledge of network printing
- Ability to independently diagnose and resolve challenging technical issues
At HW Staffing Solutions we recognize the value of our employee associates as equally as our clients. We are passionate about people and improving the lives of every associate, we do this by connecting you with great companies and great opportunities. We celebrate our awesome diversity, believe that everyone has a unique talent, and appreciate the passion and perspectives that each of us bring to the table. Discover a new way to work together with a company that is focused on offering the best opportunities, benefits and career advancement in Accounting & Finance, Office & Administrative, Light Industrial, Professional & Technical, Call Center, Food Processing and Hospitality. HW Staffing Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.
Meet Your Recruiter
Edna Cruz Batista
Associate Branch Manager
I'm Bilingual- Spanish and English, with and extensive knowledge in Customer Services, Human Resources and law, due all the aforementioned, I have strong skills to be a recruiter who places great candidates in a rewarding environment where they can grow professionally.
Soy Bilingüe - Español e Inglés, con un amplio conocimiento en Atención al Cliente, Recursos Humanos y Derecho, por todo lo anterior mencionado, tengo fuertes habilidades para ser un reclutador que coloca a potenciales candidatos en un entorno gratificante donde puedan crecer profesionalmente.