Inventory Control Coordinator
Bohemia, NY 11716 US
Inventory Control Coordinator
Job Description: Shift: 8-4.30pm
- Researches, tracks, and executes the release and shipping of products utilizing various proprietary computer systems including an Inventory Management System, Receiving System, Daily Production Scheduler and national distributors databases (i.e., Fed Ex, UPS, DHL)
- Manages and verifies the receipt of in-house manufactured goods and processes requests based on established standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Tracks and receives materials from external vendors and clients utilizing proprietary inventory management system.
- Receives and issues finished materials to the In Process Inspection Department for final inspection.
- Utilizes First In/First Out methodology (FIFO) to issue materials for distribution to all internal departments
- Ability to prioritize and adjust to meet the daily inventory management tasks by monitoring production schedule and shifting priorities
- Ability to effectively communicate work status and changes to schedule needs and escalates issues appropriately to leadership
- Ability to proactively manage workload and adjust based on daily priorities to ensure timelines are met and the most cost effective and efficient processes are implemented
- Enters product and shipment data accurately and customizes shipping per customer specific requirements.
- Packs labels into boxes in such a manner as to avoid any damage in transit.
- Destroys expired label inventory per established procedures and timelines.
- Works together with cross-functional department managers and supervisors to meet company goals and objectives.
- Multitasks under tight timelines with minimal errors.
- Accounts for all inventory and always ensures proper identification of products including the prompt return of all labels to inventory and the verification of label IDs.
- Assists in developing and maintaining procedures for areas of responsibility and proactively recommends process improvements.
- Maintains and proactively orders shipping supplies (Boxes, Cartons, Tapes, Bubble Wrap, skids etc.) to always ensure adequate supply levels.
Packs labels into boxes in such a manner as to avoid any damage in transit.
- Requires ability to do some light to moderate lifting of boxes and storage material averaging 20lbs.
- Must be able to safely operate all tools and equipment, forklift trucks, hand trucks, and use of electronic scales.
- Maintains all work areas in an orderly fashion.
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner. Must always wear safety shoes.
- Applies Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs. Warehouse experience helpful
At HW Staffing Solutions we recognize the value of our employee associates as equally as our clients. We are passionate about people and improving the lives of every associate, we do this by connecting you with great companies and great opportunities. We celebrate our awesome diversity, believe that everyone has a unique talent, and appreciate the passion and perspectives that each of us bring to the table. Discover a new way to work together with a company that is focused on offering the best opportunities, benefits and career advancement in Accounting & Finance, Office & Administrative, Light Industrial, Professional & Technical, Call Center, Food Processing and Hospitality. HW Staffing Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.