Inventory Control Specialist
Windsor, CT 06095 US
Job Description ~ Inventory Control Specialist
Job title: Inventory Control Specialist
Division/Department: Supply Chain
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
n Full-time o Part-time
o Exempt (Salaried) n Nonexempt (Hourly)
Purpose: The Inventory Control Specialist is an entry level position responsible for performing and supporting several key routine activities within supply chain such as purchase order entry for outside vendors that are not inventory related. Examples of these outside vendors include: cleaning company, uniform company, vending machine company as well as office supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a customer service orientation at all times with both external and internal customers.
- Responsible for representing the Supply Chain Team in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Gain a general understanding of the Oracle ERP system and the tasks related to the various supply chain functions.
- Accurately keying alphanumeric strings of information (from various data sources) into the Oracle ERP system with minimal errors.
- Ability to proofread and audit own work before considering it complete and passing along information.
- Transmit order acknowledgments to internal customers in a timely manner (less than 24 hours; same day preferred).
- Responsible for updating, proofing and distributing various reports and metrics on a regular basis according to methods demonstrated by Supply Chain Manager or other subject matter experts (i.e., forecasts, metrics, schedules, etc.).
- Monitor and follow up on outstanding purchase orders (based upon delivery due dates) and assist Buyers/Manager in tracking performance of suppliers based upon pre-established criteria (Quality, Delivery and Cost).
- Under the direction of Buyers, research alternative sources of materials to reduce costs and/or improve service levels.
- Enter purchase orders with existing or new suppliers into the Oracle ERP system; transmit a copy of purchase order to supplier via email; monitor as open while awaiting order acknowledgment from supplier.
- Perform related duties as assigned, within the scope of the position.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred; college degree or coursework highly desirable.
- 2 years of verifiable work experience in general manufacturing desired.
- Excellent organizational skills – ability to logically create order where no system may exist; follow established organization schemes for both electron
MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A BACKGROUND CHECK. MUST HAVE @= YEARS EXPERIENCE IN INVENTORY CONTROL AND CYCLE COUNTS.
At HW Staffing Solutions we recognize the value of our employee associates as equally as our clients. We are passionate about people and improving the lives of every associate, we do this by connecting you with great companies and great opportunities. We celebrate our awesome diversity, believe that everyone has a unique talent, and appreciate the passion and perspectives that each of us bring to the table. Discover a new way to work together with a company that is focused on offering the best opportunities, benefits and career advancement in Accounting & Finance, Office & Administrative, Light Industrial, Professional & Technical, Call Center, Food Processing and Hospitality. HW Staffing Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.