Lead Manufacturing Tech
Nashua, NH 03060
The Lead Manufacturing Technician is responsible for a variety of high level manufacturing duties and responsibilities under the direction of the Production Supervisor and Operations Manager. The Lead Manufacturing Technician will be responsible for coaching and assisting those in his/her department along with providing the administrative support for those departments.
• Trained to achieve a high level knowledge and usage in the Testing and Pleating Departments with understanding of the following equipment and procedures:
- End Capping o Bagging and Boxing
- Picking o Engraving
- Final Assembly
- Trouble Shooting various machines
• Develops resolutions to problems of limited scope and follows specific, outlined, and detailed procedures; while working independently.
• Maintains cleanliness of the shop floor and surrounding areas, in accordance to procedures
• Must be mindful of the importance of processing job orders correctly and be able to assist and coach coworkers
• Oversee employees and report any issues or concerns to the production supervisor
• Ensure that team members follow defined manufacturing procedures or work instructions and comply with quality requirements
• Works to ensure people and resources are applied in an efficient and effective manner to meet delivery requirements while achieving quality and safety standards
• Responsible for training or overseeing the training of new operators and provide refresher training when necessary
• Ensures that all the production and training records are completed appropriately
• Responsible for daily management and support for the team to achieve production success
• Monitor time and attendance and communicates to the production supervisor to ensure compliance with company procedures
• Consistently promote high standards through personal example
• Ability to work OT
• Ensure that safety guidelines are followed
• Assis production supervisor with performance evaluations
• Give and received employee feedback and report to the production supervisor
• Facilitate team cooperation
• Verify that all the production equipment is within calibration and functional
• Ensure that non-conforming material is clearly identified and dispositioned
• Assures achievement of production goals
• Make sure that production employees are aware of day to day targets and responsibilities
• Monitor change over and/or set up efficiency
• Identify production improvement opportunities within the organization
• Liaisons primarily with direct supervisors and others that direct the work flow.
• Creates and updates work instructions and forms. • Recommends BOM and routing steps.
• Assists with inventory adjustments and transfers in Infor.
• Issues module paperwork and production orders.
• Maintains inventory on raw materials and consumables.
• Initiates CAPAs and NCMRs.
• Reports on scrap material.
• Assists with transferring of materials from bin to bin in Lisa and SAP.
• Oversees and participates in inventory counts. • Assists in evaluating trainees and the training process.
• Provides ISO Audits.
• Ability to use scanner for production reporting.
• Knowledge of Database Software, Internet Software, Manufacturing Software and Microsoft Office Software
• Bachelor’s degree in related field with 2 + years of experience or High School diploma with 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to speak and read the English language.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to identify issues and communicate to the lead or supervisor
• Ability to follow instructions and ask questions when unclear on what to do.
• Ability to understand and apply work methods that drive accuracy and speed.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with team members.
• Ability to be professional and follow the code of ethics
• Work effectively as a team member.
• Work independently with little supervision.
• Ability to work occasional over-time.
• Ability to spend majority of time walking on hard floors.
• Ability to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs. on a frequent basis.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Embraces personal challenge
• Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working together
• Actively Committed to team development
• High levels of motivation, optimistic and action orientated
• Ability to lead by example, work in a high-level demanding area, alone or with others and maintain a positive and courteous attitude towards the company, management, and coworkers.
• Willingness to step up when needed, even in areas not directly in your job description
• Ability to manage a wide variety of activities at the same time
• Strong Organization and planning skills
• Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
At HW Staffing Solutions we recognize the value of our employee associates as equally as our clients. We are passionate about people and improving the lives of every associate, we do this by connecting you with great companies and great opportunities. We celebrate our awesome diversity, believe that everyone has a unique talent, and appreciate the passion and perspectives that each of us bring to the table. Discover a new way to work together with a company that is focused on offering the best opportunities, benefits and career advancement in Accounting & Finance, Office & Administrative, Light Industrial, Professional & Technical, Call Center, Food Processing and Hospitality. HW Staffing Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.