Lease and General Accountant
Edison, NJ 08818 US
HW Staffing Solutions is seeking an experienced Lease and General Accountant
This is a direct hire position, Monday- Friday, 8:00 am-5:00pm
Ability to work onsite for normal hours of operation and have the flexibility to perform the job remotely if/when deemed necessary by the company.
The Lease and General Accountant assists with various aspects of the Lease and Accounts Receivables accounting cycle and supports the annual common area maintenance reconciliation. Additional responsibilities include providing financial support to project teams throughout the Company and assisting with General Ledger analysis and the monthly close.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for various aspects of Lease Accounting and Accounts Receivable:
- Enter new leases into MRI, including Common Area Maintenance (CAM) recoveries set up.
- Prepares manual invoices for utilities, work order charges, and miscellaneous.
- Posts daily cash in MRI.
- Prepares Space Report, Rental Increase Report, and Rent Roll Report in Excel.
- Responsible for External Broker Commission accounting and monthly amortization:
- Reviews commission invoices and enters new assets into FAS.
- Reconciles the commissions subsidiary ledger in FAS to the General Ledger account balances monthly.
- Processes asset transfers and write-offs as necessary.
- Amortizes prepaid commissions monthly and records the amortization journal entry.
- Assists with A/R collection emails and statements.
- Prepares rent prepaid journal entries.
- Reconciles Exchange account monthly.
- Supports the Annual CAM Reconciliation process:
- Reviews customer Lease Abstract and maintains MS Excel recovery expense schedule to ensure accurate monthly CAM charges and escalation billing.
- Prepares year-end true-up of CAM expenses.
- Verifies all new customers are properly set up in system, reconciles all due from customer charge accounts, provides late fee calculations for Accounts Receivable Coordinator.
- Provides financial support to the project teams throughout the Company:
- Sets up jobs within the MRI Job Cost Accounting system (enters phases, costs, codes, budget, and interface).
- Reviews contract requests for accuracy and reasonableness; determines appropriate coding and setup vendor contracts in MRI.
- Receives approved invoices and process against contracts.
- Provides budget versus actual reporting, as well as any other reporting requested by management or the project team.
- Upon job completion, performs job close-out and capitalization.
- Assists with the monthly General Ledger close:
- Conducts General Ledger account analysis and reconciliations.
- Journalizes monthly allocations.
- Records adjusting entries.
- Assist with reviewing bank statements and bank reconciliations.
- Assists with monthly close and financial reporting.
- As needed, assists with CIP reconciliation.
- Assists in the timely achievement of departmental and Company goals.
- Acts as back up for other duties for the department when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Accounting preferred, CPA is not required.
- Superior numeric skills with a high level of skill in math and accounting concepts; accuracy and precision.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Proficient knowledge of computerized accounting systems. Experience with MRI desirable.
- Five to ten years of related experience in accounting.
- High level of interest in business with a focus on accounting and customer service.
- Results and profit oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.
- Well-organized with a willingness to follow recommended procedures.
- Honesty, patience, good written and oral communication skills.
- A high level of energy, comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with normal activities.
- Participative work style-advocating and participating in the team concept is desirable.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to get along well with diverse personalities - tactful, mature, and flexible.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive, with the ability to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
- Professional appearance; grooming and dress consistent with desired corporate image.
- Valid motor vehicle license in good standing.
Other company benefits/info:
- Year end bonus for all employees of $2,500 prorated to start date.
- 100% company paid medical benefits for self and family!! Great perk and negotiation tool when looking at what is included in “full comp”.
- Vision, Dental coverage
- 401k with up to a 5% dollar for dollar match. 100% vested from 1st day of hire.
- FSA, Dependent Care available
- Free breakfast and lunch DAILY!
At HW Staffing Solutions we recognize the value of our employee associates as equally as our clients. We are passionate about people and improving the lives of every associate, we do this by connecting you with great companies and great opportunities. We celebrate our awesome diversity, believe that everyone has a unique talent, and appreciate the passion and perspectives that each of us bring to the table. Discover a new way to work together with a company that is focused on offering the best opportunities, benefits and career advancement in Accounting & Finance, Office & Administrative, Light Industrial, Professional & Technical, Call Center, Food Processing and Hospitality. HW Staffing Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.