East freetown , MA
The Machine Operator will be responsible for operating equipment in a safe manner for the assembly and processing of water heating products according to company specifications. The Machine Operator must have the desire to perform at the highest level of competence and expedience at all times to ensure the overall productivity and growth of the company
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a brief description of some of the duties and responsibilities but is not limited to:
- Work within a fast paced, production oriented, safe environment.
- Ability to read drawings, bill of materials “BOM” and product specifications.
- Occasionally will be required to perform basic calculations using a computer/calculator
- Prepare raw materials to be loaded into the machine.
- Prepare tooling for machine changeovers and perform machine changeovers.
- Entering information such as sizes, shapes or cutting information into computer-controlled machines or adjusting machine settings when required.
- Monitor the machines to ensure proper function and setup throughout the production process. If a malfunction occurs the operator must immediately contact the Line Lead or Supervisor.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs with the ability to ask for assistance when required (using the buddy-system).
- Communicates with associates and superiors to maintain safety and quality.
- Willingness to take direction from the Supervisor and Group Lead person(s) to ensure quality and productivity goals are met. Must be team oriented.
- Suggests production and quality improvement ideas to the Supervisor.
- Maintains tools and equipment in good working order.
- Responsible for housekeeping in assigned work areas.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment by following company safety policies and procedures by wearing all safety personal protective equipment “PPE” to maintain a safe work environment at all times.
- Accepts other responsibilities as requested by the department Supervisor.
- TECHNICAL EXPERTISE:
- The following is a brief description of the technical expertise duties but is not limited to:
- Must be able to operate over-head crane (training will be provided).
- Able to use air assisted tools and manual tools.
- Able to use templates to affix appropriate materials to the product.
- Able to operate machinery with minimal supervision.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.