765 Smithtown Bypass, Smithtown, NY - 11787 Shirley, NY 11967
Job Title: Machine Operator
Reports To: Plant Manager
Sets up and operates machine to cut out parts of specified size and shape from non-metallic materials by performing the following duties;
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Uses basic measuring tools including caliper, Tape measure, Durometer, calculator and ruler.
- Maintains knowledge of the material used in your department
- Set up machine for operation
- Pulls appropriate dies (tooling) for orders and puts away die after completion of orders. (when applicable)
- Responsible for running parts on machine including handling of material and work order paperwork from start to final QC.
- QC parts to be in compliance with drawings and specifications.
- Operate two machines simultaneous (when applicable)
- Prepare product for next process or pack product for shipping.
- Rewrap and label unused material and put in staging area.
- Complete all paperwork for shipping and inventory
- Clean machine, clean the area around machine and dump all garbage.
- Pays high attention to details
- Update work instructions for accuracy & efficiency
- Troubleshoot and improve process.
- Production report work orders into computer manufacturing software (includes quantity produced, material used, & run time)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Cooperation – Establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; Displays positive outlook and pleasant manner; Offers assistance and support to co-workers; Works actively to resolve conflicts.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Attendance and Punctuality – Schedules time off in advance; Begins work on time; Keeps absences within guidelines; Arrives at work station on time.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Job Knowledge – Dependent upon experience, the Operator acquires/displays competency in required job skills and knowledge; Understands how job relates to others. All Operators exhibit ability to learn and apply new skills and require minimal supervision after training; Uses resources effectively.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and /or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE One year certificate from college or technical school; or six to twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Must be able to read, write, speak and understand basic English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as work orders, instructions, safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, procedures and employee manuals. Ability to fill out routine reports and orders. Ability to communicate effectively to supervisor and co-workers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to count, add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written and oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 70 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.
Schadaxary (Schary) Belgaumkar
Senior Executive Recruiter
I have been working with HW Staffing Solutions for the past 2 1/2 years. I have extensive experience in light industrial positions, administrative & clerical positions. My passion is helping people find their ideal job!