142 Saint John Street , Portland, Maine 04102 South Portland, ME 04106
Join an expanding and an exciting industry!
As an Operator, you will ensure that everything is in order to have a smooth operation in the production area. You will keep a close eye on quality, inventory of materials, and final appearance of products manufactured, so it is ready for the packaging department.
Other responsibilities: support inventory integrity / order processing / picking and packing /sorting / general safety and housekeeping duties to ensure a safe, clean, and orderly work environment.
This is a WORKING role, you will be part of a team that supports and communicates regularly.
1st Shift is 7 am – 3:30 pm
2nd Shift is 3:30 pm – 12 am
All schedules are Monday – Friday. We do offer Overtime! Due to production demand, flexibility to work on Weekend’s may be required
If hired on permanent benefits include Health, Dental, Retirement Package, Paid time and holidays off!
Experienced Machine Operation – a minimum of 2-3 years of experience and PLC knowledge is preferred
- Mechanical Aptitude – knowledge of tools, how machines work, and desire to learn
- Strong Attention to Detail – ability to assess situation, make accurate judgements, and collaborate on solutions with other team members
- 4-5 years working in a Manufacturing setting – experience with Lean Processes and 5S are highly preferred
- Track record of excellent attendance and accountability
- Strong written, oral, and mathematic ability – fluency in English is a must.
- Possesses valid transportation – ability to control your ability to get to work on time each day (own car, etc.)
- Must be comfortable lifting up to 50 lbs, standing, stretching, and bending for the duration of the shift
- Must be able to work in a team environment
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.
HW Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, membership in or application to the uniformed services, physical or mental disability or any other classification protected by applicable law.