Programs, sets-up, troubleshoots and maintains all packaging equipment. Directs quick and efficient changeovers both on machines and new product changes. Direct packers on how to pack the product in the most efficient manner.
Essential Functions/Primary Responsibilities:
- Sets up machine prior to shift start up if needed.
- Changes packaging materials as needed; ensures packaging materials are correct, in specification and properly positioned in the machine.
- Prepares the seasoner and oil bombs when necessary per the production schedule.
- Communicates all necessary information to the oncoming shift machine operators in conjunction with the lead machine operator.
- Monitors and adjusts weight control of packaged units.
- Records all lot information as required.
- Maintains standard production quantities/rates for each product.
- Ensures codes are accurate and in correct format.
- Maintains company standards for cleanliness, food safety and productivity in the packaging area.
- Replenishes packaging supplies such as film, boxes, cartons, glue, ink or labels.
- Observes machine operation to detect malfunctions; makes minor adjustments/repairs; communicates mechanical problems to maintenance personnel.
- Ensures compliance to quality, food safety, 5S, OSHA and HACCP support programs; assures conformity to all company, customer and government standards.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.