Mail Room Clerk
12 south street, Westborough MA 01581 Westborough, MA 01581
Mail Clerk Responsibilities
- Sorting incoming mail by department, location and category
- Keeping records of sent and received mail
- Preparing envelopes and packages
We are looking for a Mail Clerk to handle, sort and distribute envelopes and packages.
In this role, you should be diligent and reliable. You should have attention to detail, good literacy skills and the ability to remain calm and productive when handling urgent mail or postage mistakes.
Your goal will be to ensure our mail reaches its recipients in good condition.
- Sign for incoming registered or certified mail
- Sort mail by department, location or category (e.g. bills, notices, personal)
- Stamp and record date of receipt and sender’s name
- Keep records of incoming packages, including their weight, return address and description
- Collect and prepare correspondence to be mailed (e.g. applying appropriate stamps, verifying addresses)
- Correct and re forward misdirected mail
- Arrange for express delivery when needed
- Distribute mail to individuals or departments
- Track mail room supplies (e.g. stamps, envelopes, address labels)
- Proven experience as a Mail Clerk or Office Clerk
- Experience with mail sorting and postage meter machines is a plus
- Good computer skills
- Well-organized, with sharp attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication and literacy skills
- High school diploma preferred
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.