134 High Street Norwell, MA 02061
Performs all around maintenance and machinist functions and perform fabrication of plant equipment parts.
Assist in installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing equipment within the factory as well as any maintenance of the building and grounds.
We need an individual to fill a third (3rd) shift position. The hours are Monday - Friday 8 hours (11 PM -7 AM). Offering a 15% shift differential.
This position reports to the Plant Engineer.
• Organize and facilitate maintenance on all production and facility equipment with emphasis on equipment uptime and to resolve quality and production related issues in the spirit of continuous improvement, including electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical troubleshooting.
• Troubleshoot programmable controllers, electronics, circuit analysis, mechanics, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
• Read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings
• Diagnose and analyze difficult operating malfunctions and prioritize major, extensive or emergency repairs
• Use electrical test equipment as needed for repair and troubleshooting.
• Assist in setting up predictive and preventative maintenance programs and performs timely equipment inspections to insure proper operation and safety compliance of manufacturing equipment.
• Repair and rebuild electrical and mechanical components.
• Participate in continuous improvement in safety, quality and housekeeping
• Communicate clearly maintenance situations from one shift to another, including Plant Engineer
• Familiar with OSHA safety practices.
• Organize and execute tasks regarding preventative maintenance items, changing filters, grinding rollers etc.
• Installation, modification and fabrication of equipment and systems to meet production needs and schedules - motors, transformers, lights, generators, circuits, and basic components.
• Executes and prioritizes work orders
• Plant wide accountabilities for operational aspects including progress toward quality and production goals
• Facilities maintenance work including snow removal and other duties.
• Have the ability to be creative and make parts as needed for repairs on equipment.
• Ability to work individually on projects and collaboratively in a team environment.
• Other duties as assigned by Plant Engineer - shop clean up, general maintenance, facilities support, production
Minimum of 7 years of experience in industrial electrical-mechanical maintenance and troubleshooting. Experience with repair of equipment including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and automated manufacturing equipment. High school education required. Experience or training from a vocational school or as an apprentice or journeyman preferred. Use of advanced mathematics. Precise measuring, using instruments and tools. Experience working with hand tools, power tools, and electronic test equipment. Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as the ability to complete company specific safety training. Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Understand schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications. Trade school or a specific credential preferred in an area of expertise. (Programmable controllers, welding, electrical etc)
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.