Leominster, MA 01453
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs a variety of electrical trade functions to include installation, maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Hooks up electrical wire to machines and rewires machines according to specifications.
- Performs checks and balances on machines to assure the proper functioning of wiring system.
- Replaces, repairs and calibrates various machine components on a routine basis.
- Inspects, tests and adjusts all systems, machinery and equipment on a regular basis.
- Records inspections, tests and repairs on preventive maintenance stickers.
- Responds to verbal or written instructions for safety and security calls regarding machinery.
- Plans and layouts work from blueprints, diagrams, operation manuals, manufacturers' specifications and other specifications.
- Disassembles equipment using hand tools and power tools as required.
- Inspects damaged parts, determines nature of repair and uses repair tools to rework or refinish worn or damaged parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts and equipment.
- Reassembles equipment and tests performance as needed.
- Sets up new machines to wiring system as needed.
- Records written recommendations on repair work needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Outlook; and Microsoft Excel.
Forklift, Pallet jack, Snow Blower, Plow, Lawn Tractor, Power tools to include saws, nail guns, drills, grinders, Company pick-up truck.
Certificates and Licenses:
Forklift training certification
Valid Driver’s License
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to dust and sawdust. The employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.