Christiana, DE 19702 US
WORKING HOURS: 2nd Shift Hours are 2:00 pm - 11:00 pm with potential for OT as needed
WORK SITE: Newark (onsite only)
PAY RATE: $22 (This rate includes 10% differential for 2nd shift. If shift would change to first at any time during the engagement, 10% differential is removed.)
DURATION: One year contract with potential for conversion to FTE within twelve months (based on business need, budget approval and performance)
INTERVIEW PROCESS: Onsite tour and interview with floor area Supervisors.
Operate, monitor, and troubleshoot complex equipment and activities in order to ensure production meets all requirements of the area. Works with engineers on set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies, and final assemblies. Uses sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments, or equipment. Responsible for following all operating procedures to the highest standard.
Works collaboratively with manufacturing associates, engineering, quality, and leadership to execute on production requirements. Supports engineering experimentation and operational improvement initiatives as requested. Participates on teams to identify opportunities for improvements within production area. May assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process.
Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks. Normally receives detailed instructions on all work. Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring limited independent judgment. Has little in decision making responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
• Maintain and promote a safe work environment at all times. Identify, address, and react to any unsafe or hazardous situation.
• Responsible for meeting quality, efficiency and safety requirements and standards.
• Operate, monitor, and troubleshoot complex equipment and activities in order to ensure production meets all requirements of the area.
• Consistently able to meet standard cycle time for production.
• Read and interpret schematics and blueprints required to ensure proper calibration of equipment.
• Able to apply basic working knowledge of test equipment required within Operations area.
• Report all non-conformances to Team Lead or Supervisor and complete NCEs as appropriate.
• Ensure that processes are executed in a manner which supports all Hologic Quality Standards.
• Participate in root cause investigations with Operations team utilizing basic troubleshooting tools.
• Able to work independently with little supervision on routine tasks within scope of training.
• Able to make limited process decisions within area of training. Partner with senior level technician or Team Lead in decision making process.
• Active participant in managed daily improvement process.
• Maintain and execute 5S within work area.
• Complete all training requirements in a timely manner and maintain accurate training records.
• Conduct inventory transactions to maintain integrity of inventory system.
• Timely and complete processing of work order transactions utilizing Oracle system.
• Utilize Oracle and Agile to retrieve necessary documentation and ensure accurate information.
• Regular and punctual attendance. Ability to adhere to standardized production schedule for position and ability to work overtime to support production needs as necessary.
• High School or General Education Degree (GED)
• May have an Associate Degree
• 0 - 1 years of experience
o Basic working understanding of Microsoft Office platform including Excel, Word, SharePoint, and OneDrive required.
o Ability to read, understand, and follow all written procedures.
o Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
o Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
o High-level of attention to detail and focus on quality.
o Detail oriented and accurate.
o Must be able to read, write, and understand English.
At HW Staffing Solutions we recognize the value of our employee associates as equally as our clients. We are passionate about people and improving the lives of every associate, we do this by connecting you with great companies and great opportunities. We celebrate our awesome diversity, believe that everyone has a unique talent, and appreciate the passion and perspectives that each of us bring to the table. Discover a new way to work together with a company that is focused on offering the best opportunities, benefits and career advancement in Accounting & Finance, Office & Administrative, Light Industrial, Professional & Technical, Call Center, Food Processing and Hospitality. HW Staffing Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.