Danbury, CT 06810 US
Perform activities related to the timely and efficient movement of materials (receipt, handling, storage, shipment) in a fast-paced production environment. Maintain a clean and safe work environment, consistently meet productivity metrics, and adhere to all company and departmental policies.
Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks. Normally receives detailed instructions on all work. Works under close supervision.
Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring limited judgment. Has little or no role in decision-making.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
• Perform physical activities corresponding to the unloading, storage, picking, labelling, packaging, and shipping of materials.
• Perform repetitive assembly of the company's products into complete packages including, but not limited to, software, medical or pharmaceutical products, PC boards, accessories, manuals, operating instructions and data sheets. May perform other packaging tasks including placing labels on packages, operating small production equipment, putting manuals into binders, counting and sorting various items, and forming or breaking down boxes for final product. When applicable, maintains related records to comply with government standards.
• Perform basic computer transactions / scans to receive, put away, transfer, kit, ship or return materials
• Count and record departmental Cycle Count results in accordance with site Cycle Count process to maintain inventory accuracy
• Operate the material handling equipment (MHE) required to perform activities in a safe and efficient manner
• Provide service in support of production operations as well as customer requirements
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Lifting/moving and carrying products weighing up to 50 pounds.
Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration, and/or moderate noise levels.
Safety Shoes with Impact and Compression Protection Must be worn.
• High School or General Education Degree (GED)
• 0 - 1 year of experience
o Basic working understanding of Microsoft Office platforms including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
o Ability to read, understand, and follow all written procedures.
o Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
o Ability to work well within a team environment.
o Complete training Certification as required and demonstrate safe operation of Departmental MHE
o Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures
o Basic experience with Oracle
o Understanding of warehouse, manufacturing, or distribution processes.
At HW Staffing Solutions we recognize the value of our employee associates as equally as our clients. We are passionate about people and improving the lives of every associate, we do this by connecting you with great companies and great opportunities. We celebrate our awesome diversity, believe that everyone has a unique talent, and appreciate the passion and perspectives that each of us bring to the table. Discover a new way to work together with a company that is focused on offering the best opportunities, benefits and career advancement in Accounting & Finance, Office & Administrative, Light Industrial, Professional & Technical, Call Center, Food Processing and Hospitality. HW Staffing Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.