Open positions 2nd / 3rd shift
Sutton, MA 01590
Production employees needed for fast paced manufacturing packaging plant.
As a production employee you will work to convert raw materials into finished product, using appropriate machinery and equipment. Working from blue prints, ISO work instructions and established work practices while adhering to quality and safety policies.
- Adhere to all Employee, Safety and Quality policies at all times
- Follow established ISO Work Instructions as applicable
- Complete assigned manufacturing tasks using specified machinery and equipment in allotted time
- Yield material to minimize scrap/waste
- Process scrap material for recycling
- Maintain work area according to established 5S standards (Straighten, Sort, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) at all times
- Use machinery and equipment as intended
- Report safety and quality issues, along with any maintenance needs to supervisor
- Perform Daily Dozen housekeeping tasks (sweep, empty trash, process scrap, etc.) as required
- Cross train in other areas to support business goals and objectives
- Move product using pallet jack or fork truck
- Learn industry specific jargon related to materials and equipment
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma or GED required, 1 year experience preferred.
- Able to Read measurements using a tape measure.
- Able to perform basic math skills including ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide.
- Able to utilize power tools, nails guns, staple guns and other required hand tools (*Plus)
- Able to demonstrate success working in a team environment.
- Able to read, write, take direction and communicate verbally in English.
Special consideration will be given to those applicants possessing the following hands on experience
- Experience with various finishing machines including but not limited to; Semi-automatic Gluer, Semi-automatic Stitcher, Hand Stitcher, Sample Machine, Baler, Bandsaw, Jumbo, Rotary Die-Cutter and Flexo.
- Experience with hand tools including but not limited to; air powered staple gun, glue gun, circular saw, electric or battery powered drill.
- Experience with motorized fork truck or hand pallet jack
- Valid Driver’s License
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.