East Providence, RI 02914
Under the direct supervision of the Shift Lead Operator and reporting to the Finishing area Manager, the Oven/Fabrication Operator is responsible for following procedures for product manufacture, oven and fabrication equipment operation and safety requirements as documented.
• Follow all safety procedures.
• Safely and efficiently operate the Heat Treatment Oven(s) according to operating procedures, and/or as instructed
• Follow product documentation and specification for correct equipment operation (Ex.: temperature, power, speed settings).
• Visually inspect product appearance while equipment is running; communicating, flagging major defects and/or removing minor defects.
• Follow product documentation (traveler) for correct tension setting, length measurement and removal. Record data as required.
• Unload blankets, label and document according to procedures.
• Safely and efficiently operate Fabrication equipment (slitter, CNC and laminator) according to company procedures, and/or as instructed.
• Program, run and troubleshoot CNC cutting machine, slitting machines, edge trimmers and coating machines. .
• Perform material handling duties in a safe, conscientious manner.
• Perform preventive maintenance and routine cleaning on equipment as per procedures and/or as directed by the Shift Leader.
• Dispose of waste materials according to company procedures.
• Ensure blanket samples (quality coupons) are taken as per specification and provided to Quality Control
• Follow instructions as per company policy and Shift leader instructions including proper breaks, rest periods and attendance
• Attend pre-shift meetings that occur five minutes prior to shift change Communicate all equipment issues to shift leader
• Ensure exhaust system is operational and working area is organized and clean
• Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull loads of up to 75 lbs.
• Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
• Should have a High School diploma or equivalent.
• Should have 1-3 years experience in manufacturing environment. CNC experience preferred. Oven, Coater, or Slitter environment experience preferred.
• Must be able to work: 12 hour shifts, 4 days on 4 days off in a 24/7 rotating shifts (Shifts are either
6 a.m. - 6 p.m. or 6 p.m. - 6 a.m.)
All Selected candidates must successfully pass a drug test and criminal history check in order to be hired .
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.