Overnight Shift Manager
Woonsocket, RI 02895
Our Manufacturing Company requires the services of an experienced Shift Manager who can assume the management Role of our Production team. The successful applicant will be responsible for developing efficient work methods, and collaborating with employees to increase productivity while maintaining our strong safety record.
Responsibilities would include:
- Ensures accurate and timely updates of inventory transactions for all incoming and outgoing items.
- Interfaces with other internal departments to supply inventory items as requested or information related to inventory items.
- Assigns tasks to production staff.
- Responsible for maintaining organization and cleanliness in the plant.
- Reviews operational issues that affect the warehouse or inventory control processes with the Plant Manager.
- Ensures all warehouse equipment is operating properly and that all warehouse staff practice safe operating methods when using the equipment.
- Coordinates the transfer of inventory items within the facility and offsite storage areas for trailers and railcars.
- Performs and supervises during scheduled physical inventories.
- Coordinates and conducts quality inspections of incoming materials per established procedures.
- Notifies management of any non-conformities or discrepancies in order to obtain disposition.
- Maintains receiving stage and hold areas in an organized, clean, and safe manner.
- Ensures timely and accurate movement of items from receiving into the warehouse.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures, paying special attention to safety.
- Participates in hiring, reviews, transfers, discipline, and termination.
- participates in Quality Board. Safety Production Meetings
- Prepares freight for shipment by palletizing wrapping, strapping, adding address labels, and securing product against damage.
- Scans outgoing product for electronic entry into inventory system and generation of Bill of Lading.
- Completes receiving reports for incoming materials and brings them to Administrative assistant for entry into the inventory.
- Loads and unloads trailer as required for receiving, shipping, or transfers.
- Inspects items selected for customer orders to ensure proper selection.
- Maintains a clean, organized, and safe stock area by adhering to proper storage and housekeeping guidelines.
- Inspects equipment used daily to ensure proper and safe functioning
- Assists in on-the-job training
- Complies with company policies and procedures, paying special attention to safety.
- Delegates job duties and ensure employees are completing jobs properly.
- All other reasonable duties, as assigned.
- Ensures security of the general factory and manufacturing areas.
- Responds to building and employee incidents or accidents promptly and reports to management as the situation warrants.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a management role
- Safety Oriented
- Strong leadership skills
- Forklift driving experience
- Detail Oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to manage, motivate and train a production team
- Comfortable working long hours
- Strong problem solving skills
Schedule: 6PM to 6AM, 5 days a week, 12 hour shift
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.