Press Assistant II / Finishing Technician
Nashville, TN 37207
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
We are currently seeking full-time General Manufacturing workers! A general manufacturing position includes the opportunity to learn the printing process from the ground up. In this position, you will assist in the creation of various well-known magazines/catalogs/newspaper inserts and other related products as a Press Assistant or Finishing Technician.
• Remove the product from the end of the printing press or finishing machine.
• Work with loose and/or completed product by stacking onto pallets, transferring to tables & placing into a collator hopper or into mailbags.
• Move product/skids with a hand jack or motorized Raymond (Big Joe) lift.
• Servicing of press and finishing machines to move product throughout the plant
• Maintain accurate inventory of product with the use of an onboard PC and RF barcoding system
• Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations.
• Effectively communicate with team members.
• Assist other crew members with various duties including webbing up of the press and/or special handwork in order to meet customer requests.
• Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures.
The successful candidate will have or be able to do the following:
• Must be at least 18-years of age or older
• Factory, Manufacturing, or other work experience where mechanical or handwork was necessary is preferred, such as laborer, machinist, assembly, bindery, mechanic, warehouse, etc.
• Printing, Finishing (Bindery), or Warehouse experience is preferred.
• Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to write and read measurements.
• Ability to read, understand, and follow both written and verbal instructions.
The ability to use repetitive hand/wrist movement
• Ability to lift stacks of end boards or banding strap rolls (~30 -60lbs) as needed
• Ability to adjust stacker using a touch screen
• Ability to use a vibrating jogging table
• The ability to take stacks of loose signatures or bundles ranging (5-30 lbs.) off a pallet or conveyor up to 48” in height and transfer to tabletop work surface 42”, and then place into a collator hopper or mailbags that potentially weigh from 5-75 lbs.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize job needs.
• Ability to be a team player in a fast-paced, detail orientated production environment.
Additional Shift Information
• 12 hour rotating shifts (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights,
weekends, and holidays, working 3 - 4 days a week
At HW Staffing Solutions we recognize the value of our employee associates as equally as our clients. We are passionate about people and improving the lives of every associate, we do this by connecting you with great companies and great opportunities. We celebrate our awesome diversity, believe that everyone has a unique talent, and appreciate the passion and perspectives that each of us bring to the table. Discover a new way to work together with a company that is focused on offering the best opportunities, benefits and career advancement in Accounting & Finance, Office & Administrative, Light Industrial, Professional & Technical, Call Center, Food Processing and Hospitality. HW Staffing Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.