Press Operator 8 Color
Mansfield, MA 02301
The Press Operator is responsible for producing all offset press projects in compliance with job specifications and in accordance with company quality standards and procedures. Coordinate workload schedule to meet customer time frame requirements while achieving optimum productivity. Perform daily/weekly/monthly maintenance on equipment to ensure optimum output. Work closely with other team members to exceed customer expectations. As the Press Operator and a member of the Production Team, you are accountable for meeting the department production and quality goals, as well as playing a key role in meeting company-wide profitability and customer satisfaction goals:
- Guarantee satisfaction and value for customers.
- Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth.
- Maintain personal productivity and quality standards that make possible attractive financial returns so that the company may continue to provide excellent service to our customers and ensure job security and career growth to our staff.
- Coordinate with Production Team to produce and prioritize jobs, and when necessary reorganize to meet deadline changes and updates.
- Comply with all OSHA safety requirements.
- Participate as a key player in the Production Team by supporting operations as needed.
- Communicate effectively with the General Manager, the Production Manager, the Sales Team, and the Production Team, informing and updating them regularly to guarantee that both sales and customer objectives are met.
- Follow systems and procedures outlined in company manual.
Responsible for all systems, adjustments, make-ready, color, register, density, and quality pulls. Must use experienced judgment to prevent downtime and minimize overconsumption, continuously review the job ticket specifications to meet both customer and productivity commitments, adhere to standard procedures, and operate equipment in a safe manner.
Maintain knowledge of safety requirements of job and equipment; be familiar with Material Safety Data Sheets regarding chemicals used.
- High school or GED equivalent.
- Vocational/technical degree in graphic arts is desired.
- Minimum of 5 years of running 8 color sheet feed press experience.
- Heidelberg press experience preferred.
- Requires good mathematical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to apply written instructions to machine set-up and maintenance.
- Thorough knowledge of problem solving on press.
- Good understanding of prepress functions.
- Meet or exceed minimum test results as designated by hiring manager.
HW Staffing provides job seekers nationwide great job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.
Hannah Walsh is a staffing professional with a focus on administrative/professional placements, and skilled manufacturing positions. She demonstrates extensive knowledge in marketing and business law which gives her the skill set to be a great recruiter. She takes pride in placing great candidates in rewarding environment where they can grow professionally.