Production Group Leader
142 Saint John Street , Portland, Maine 04102 Portland, ME 04102
One of our Premier Scarborough clients is looking for Production Group Leaders!
Day Shift - 5:00 am to 4:30 pm
Night Shift- 4:00 pm to 2:30 am
• Performs work required for the assembly of components, devices and/or the final product with limited daily instruction
• Performs routine work in all production areas with limited supervision
• Works on assignments that are moderately difficult requiring judgment in resolving issues or making recommendations that will enhance productivity.
• Assist Supervisor and Team Leaders with scheduling/deployment in the specified work center.
• Ensures quality of product using standard operating procedures, templates, training and supervision, and good judgment
• Provides input for enhancing efficiencies and modifying/creating SOPs/training materials to ensure accuracy/quality or improve productivity
• Must have a firm understanding of quality standards and be able to make independent judgment based on those standards.
• Must perform all duties in a professional manner and help develop personnel that work as a team within the specified work center.
• Responsible for assisting Team Leaders by coaching, mentoring, training personnel and creating a positive and successful team environment.
• Must adhere to all Company policies and procedures
• May be subject to call back or extended hours as required
• One year certificate from college or technical school or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to quickly grasp new ideas and techniques
• Understanding of CGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practices).
• Experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English to understand safety signs, guidelines for equipment, and to relay the information to other team members.
• Strong mechanical and/or electrical aptitude.
• Ability to quickly grasp new ideas and techniques.
• Ability to identify defects on products quickly (either visually, audible, or by touching) to prevent defective products from being shipped to customers.
• Basic functional knowledge of Spreadsheet & Word Processing Software.
• Experience in working in a regulated environment (IE: FDA, USDA).
• 1-3 years of manufacturing experience leading a line
• Concrete understanding of CGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practices).
• Exposure to a lean and clean rooms environment
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.
HW Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, membership in or application to the uniformed services, physical or mental disability or any other classification protected by applicable law.