142 St. John St. Portland, ME Portland, ME 04102
The Entry Level Production position typically works 7:00 am-3:30 pm Monday through Friday. This position is required to work mandatory overtime (extended hours and/or Saturdays) to meet our customer demands.
The Entry Level Production position performs a variety of bench and/or line assembly operations to produce window units by completing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following, other duties may be assigned as appropriate.
1. Install Locks, Keepers, Pivot Bars – Using a pneumatic screw gun apply locks, keepers, etc.
2. Using hands to apply double sided tape and shims.
3. Uses an enclosed punch to measure and cut bead.
4. Select appropriate glass, run edges through a flat grinder and place on washer unit.
5. Punches holes in different window components using a pneumatic die or guarded punch.
6. Assemble screen material onto frame by using a rolling wheel and trim screen using a utility knife.
7. Apply bead to window sash using a mallet.
8. Washes assembled grids and inserts plugs by hand.
9. Places window frame/sash into machine & cycles. Removes any excess using snips or chisel.
10. Clean & Tape material to be painted.
11. Apply paint to finished frames/sashes using hand brush.
12. Clips, screws, cements, or otherwise fastens parts together with hand tools, by hand or using pneumatic screw guns.
1. Must adhere to all safety rules and regulations and be aware of his/her surroundings.
2. Must possess the ability to judge when help is required.
3. This position requires the ability to work as an effective team member in close proximity with other employees.
4. Works at different work stations as production needs require and must be flexible with the ability to change positions and work priorities.
5. Must be able to read a U.S. Tape measure and understand measurements to the 1/32 of an inch.
6. Follows paperwork and direction.
7. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.
HW Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, membership in or application to the uniformed services, physical or mental disability or any other classification protected by applicable law.