142 Saint John Street , Portland, Maine 04102 Portland, ME 04102
The main function of a quality technician is to inspect and/or test in-coming materials, in-process and final devices for conformance to their respective specification.
• Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, installations, and work for conformance to specifications.
• Record inspection or test data, such as weights, temperatures, grades, or moisture content, and quantities inspected or grade.
• Maintain and calibrate all inspection laboratory equipment according to schedule.
• Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
• Analyze test data and make computations as necessary to determine test results.
• Ensure materials are released on time and according to schedule.
• Assist in nonconforming material reporting.
• Maintain area compliance per FDA, ISO and OSHA requirements.
Education and/or Experience
• Associates degree or equivalent work experience/certificate/training required.
• 0-2 years experience required
Must be comfortable lifting up to 50 lbs
Must be comfortable communicating both verbally and written
Must be comfortable working in a team environment
Must be comfortable with computer software
Must be comfortable working in a team as well as able to make decisions independently!
Must be comfortable with a pre-employment background check
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.
HW Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, membership in or application to the uniformed services, physical or mental disability or any other classification protected by applicable law.