QC Final Inspector 1st Shift
01440 , 01420 Gardner, MA 01440 US
The Quality Control Final Inspector is responsible for making sure that manufactured products meets our predetermined quality standards. The Final Inspector will test, document, troubleshoot and prepare our products for our customers. The Inspector will separate out any product that fails inspection and make recommendations on how to improve the production process in order to reduce the product inspection failure rate.
The requirements listed below are representative of the essential duties required of the QC Final Inspector.
Responsible for conducting Final Inspection of finished product and Test duties including, but not limited to:
· Perform First Piece testing & approval process as required.
· Visually inspecting product, as it comes off the molding machine, for any “Aesthetic” type defects (ie.: Flash, String, Shorts, Missing Pawls, Sinks, Contamination, Color, etc…) and notifying the Shift Supervisor or Mold Tech. and Quality Control Manager of any abnormalities detected.
· Physically testing product, as it comes off the molding machine, for any “Functional” type defects (ie: Slipping, Hard Insertions, Flexibility/Brittleness, etc…) and notifying the Shift Supervisor or Mold Tech and Quality Control Manager of any abnormalities detected.
· Visually checking packaged product (both bag & box) for “Aesthetic” type defects, quality / position of the bag seal, and correct bag / box counts. Notifying the Shift Supervisor or Mold Tech and Quality Control Manager of any abnormalities detected.
· Check sealed cartons for date coding, correct label and placement, carton seals, and carton weights.
· Verify water dispensers, scales and piece counts in bags. Notify the Shift Supervisor or Mold Tech of any issues identified.
· Conduct Start-up and In-process tensile testing of molded product per documented Procedures, Work Instructions, Sampling Plans and Specifications. Determine the acceptability of the product based on the inspections and tests performed.
· Identifying any substandard material as “Non-Conforming”, segregating the “Non-Conforming” product from Accepted production, notifying Quality Control Manager of the Non-Conformance and reporting the Non-Conformance to the Shift Supervisor or Mold Tech so corrective action can be taken.
· Completing Daily Final Inspection and Test records, as required.
· Review / communicate all shift activity with the shift coming on board.
· Work with, and under the direction of, the Quality Control Manager in conducting inspections to satisfy daily priorities for Production, Sales, Purchasing, and Shipping / Warehouse departments.
· Process inventory transactions on finished product in IQMS.
· As with any Quality Team member, act as a representative for Quality management during ISO, customer, regulatory and other audits.
· Successfully completes all company required and job-specific training.
· Performs additional duties as required.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Test a certain percentage of all products based on industry standards.
· Utilizing established systems (IQMS), input statistical data of non-comformities, checks and processes.
· Work with Picker/Packers to correct the defect or non-comformity.
· Report all problems and concerns immediately to Quality Control Manager and/or Shift Supervisor.
· Must be able to effectively communicate using the basic English language.
· Must have strong communication and listening abilities
· Being observant and technical
· Being thorough with focus on details
· Using good judgment
· Resolve critical problems
· Handling multiple tasks
· Information technology
· Analytical, logical thought process and meticulous attention to detail
· Ability to translate skills and knowledge to others
At HW Staffing Solutions we recognize the value of our employee associates as equally as our clients. We are passionate about people and improving the lives of every associate, we do this by connecting you with great companies and great opportunities. We celebrate our awesome diversity, believe that everyone has a unique talent, and appreciate the passion and perspectives that each of us bring to the table. Discover a new way to work together with a company that is focused on offering the best opportunities, benefits and career advancement in Accounting & Finance, Office & Administrative, Light Industrial, Professional & Technical, Call Center, Food Processing and Hospitality. HW Staffing Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.
Meet Your Recruiter
Branch Manager out of the Fitchburg Ma.
I have been with HW Staffing for 4 Years.
In the staffing field for a total of 11 Years, specializing in Light Industrial & Manufactory
Experience in Branch Manager/Recruitment/On-Site Management/Senior Account Manager.
My passion is to help people and make sure all is successful at the end of the day.
Coming Together is a beginning, Staying together is a progress, and working together is A SUCCESS!