Quality Control Inspector
Windsor, CT 06095 US
Purpose: Conducts variety of electronic, mechanical, and electromechanical tests on electronic systems, subassemblies, and parts to ensure unit functions according to specifications or to determine cause of unit failure by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads test schedule, work orders, test manuals, performance specifications, wiring diagrams, and schematics to determine testing procedure and equipment to be used.
- Tests functional performance of systems, subassemblies, and parts under specified environmental conditions such as temperature change, vibration, pressure, and humidity.
- Calibrates test instruments according to specifications.
- Connects unit to be tested to test equipment such as signal generator, frequency meter, or spectrum analyzer
- Reads dials or digital displays that indicate electronic characteristics such as voltage, frequency, distortion, inductance, and capacitance.
- Analyzes test results on defective units to determine cause of failure.
- Replaces defective wiring and components or records defects on tag attached to unit and returns unit to production department for repair.
- Confers with engineers, technicians, production personnel, and others regarding testing procedures and results and to resolve problems.
- Writes computer programs to control semiconductor device and electronic component test equipment prior to testing.
- Devises test equipment setup to evaluate performance and operation of nonstandard or customer returned units.
- Perform related duties as assigned, within the scope of the position.
Candidates MUST have a High School Diploma or GED. Candidates must be able to pass a background check. Candidates MUST HAVE QUALITY INSPECTION EXPERIENCE
At HW Staffing Solutions we recognize the value of our employee associates as equally as our clients. We are passionate about people and improving the lives of every associate, we do this by connecting you with great companies and great opportunities. We celebrate our awesome diversity, believe that everyone has a unique talent, and appreciate the passion and perspectives that each of us bring to the table. Discover a new way to work together with a company that is focused on offering the best opportunities, benefits and career advancement in Accounting & Finance, Office & Administrative, Light Industrial, Professional & Technical, Call Center, Food Processing and Hospitality. HW Staffing Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.