Taunton, MA 02780 US
M-F 6am-2:30pm $20 per hour
SUMMARY: Inspects incoming materials and/or finished products for conformance to specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Selects inspection samples according to predetermined methods.
- Reads and interprets specifications, drawings, tolerances, and other limits.
- Verifies specified requirements of samples by using calipers, micrometers, optical comparators, resistance meters, and other equipment as required.
- Records inspection results on logs, graphs, and/or discrepancy reports.
- Maintains a familiarity with various data collection systems.
- Rejects defective parts, and prepares reject tag.
- Sets up inspection equipment.
- Maintains test and measurement equipment and calibration systems, and evaluates customer returns and internal corrective actions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES Requires knowledge typically acquired through:
- Completion of a High school diploma, general education degree (GED) or vocational or technical degree
- Six months to three years of related experience or training; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blue prints, wiring diagrams, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, and controls, and reach with arms and hands. The employee may be required to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Individuals performing incoming and final inspection must meet minimum standards in at least one eye, corrected or uncorrected, of average or normal on a one time only color vision test and 20/25 on a 12 month near vision test.
At HW Staffing Solutions we recognize the value of our employee associates as equally as our clients. We are passionate about people and improving the lives of every associate, we do this by connecting you with great companies and great opportunities. We celebrate our awesome diversity, believe that everyone has a unique talent, and appreciate the passion and perspectives that each of us bring to the table. Discover a new way to work together with a company that is focused on offering the best opportunities, benefits and career advancement in Accounting & Finance, Office & Administrative, Light Industrial, Professional & Technical, Call Center, Food Processing and Hospitality. HW Staffing Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.