Security Officer 3rd shift
Mapleville, RI 02839 US
Provides security and safety for designated property and personnel; observes reports and documents normal activities, irregularities and incident activities; provides emergency response; provides access control to include processing of vehicles and personnel; conducts foot and/or vehicle tours to check for abnormal conditions; enforcement of company policies and procedures.
- Provides security and safety for designated property and personnel; observes reports and documents normal activities, irregularities and incident activities; provides emergency response; provides access control to include processing of vehicles and personnel; conducts foot and/or vehicle tours to check for abnormal conditions; enforcement of company policies and procedures. Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations; sets up barriers and signage, and provides direction or information to others.
- Prepares logs or reports as required for patrol route; writes or types reports or enters information in a computer using standard grammar; inspects security control logs and takes action as required.
- Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to supervisors, company management, life/safety personnel or public safety authorities as appropriate for the circumstances and/or as required.
- Responds to incidents including but not limited to fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents or conditions following procedures established for assignment, by the company, or through training or certification.
- Provides investigative support
- Handles confidential information
- Monitors and verifies property removal from facility
- Perform other related duties as required
- Ability to maintain vigilance at all times
- Ability to multi-task including processing of vehicles, processing personnel and remaining observant
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Must be able to read and comprehend regulations, correspondence, instructions, rules and regulations as well as fill out forms and write reports
- Must have average computer skills
- Should be well poised, converse in written and spoken English and have the ability to communicate intelligently
- Must have a government-issued motor vehicle operator license or proper government issued identification
- Preferred experience in access control software
- Preferred experience in closed circuit television software
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
- Education can supplement experience under the following conditions:
- College credits must be in the field of Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting, Management, Human Relations, Information Technology, Psychology, Sociology or Business
- College credits in related field shall be accepted as a supplement for experience using a calculation of twelve (12) credits being equal to six (6) months of experience
- Preferably two (2) years of physical security experience or;
- Six (6) months physical security experience in a manufacturing environment or;
- One (1) year in a law enforcement related field or;
- One (1) year in the armed forces
At HW Staffing Solutions we recognize the value of our employee associates as equally as our clients. We are passionate about people and improving the lives of every associate, we do this by connecting you with great companies and great opportunities. We celebrate our awesome diversity, believe that everyone has a unique talent, and appreciate the passion and perspectives that each of us bring to the table. Discover a new way to work together with a company that is focused on offering the best opportunities, benefits and career advancement in Accounting & Finance, Office & Administrative, Light Industrial, Professional & Technical, Call Center, Food Processing and Hospitality. HW Staffing Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.