Brockton, MA 02301
The Senior Planner is a role that is responsible for balancing the requirements of supply and demand for assigned value streams. This is a critical position that will drive improvement initiatives and best practices in the in the areas of materials management, production control and scheduling.
- Develops and maintains an accurate Master Production Schedule that is aligned with the sales forecast plan and supports level loading based on manufacturing capacities and raw material availability.
- Releases and manages the work orders required to achieve the MPS.
- Supports and implements the policies, procedures, systems and programs required to meet department and plant objectives.
- Leads cross-functional teams related to manufacturing, planning and purchasing improvement initiatives various types of pull systems.
- Perform root cause analysis and develops appropriate countermeasures for key metric misses including On-time Delivery, Aged WIP, Schedule Conformance and Excess Inventory.
- Work collaboratively with sales, marketing and manufacturing personnel to continuously balance supply and demand.
- Use capacity and material planning tools to determine future production constraints and develop appropriate recommendations such as overtime, capacity expansion, outsourcing or expediting.
- Participates in the sales and operations planning process and projects shipment dollars based on available supply and the MPS
- Develop short and long term inventory projections at the sub-assembly, WIP and finished goods level.
- Works closely with manufacturing to prioritize and expedite production requirements based on material availability, resources, machine capacities and changing demand signals.
- Participates in the new product development process and manages the supply chain planning process for new product launches.
- Monitors, analyzes and maintains key planning parameters including lead times and safety stocks.
- Profiles inventory including the identification of excess and obsolete inventory and aged WIP and creates action plan to address problem areas.
Experience and Education / Functional and Technical
Bachelor’s degree. Minimum of 5 years in materials management, scheduling, planning and production control. APICS Certification is highly desirable. Extensive background experience working with APS systems. Experience with QAD a plus. Strong communication skills (written, verbal, listening). Must be able to make decisions and effectively use established problem-solving techniques as well as working effectively with cross-functional teams. Expert knowledge of Excel and solid experience with PowerPoint, and Word programs. Requires strong knowledge of customer requirements (both internal and external). Must be self-directed, able to follow instructions and learn our lines of business and production processes/needs relatively quickly. Must be a US Person with the ability to obtain a security clearance if necessary. Must be able to work on the production floor environment as well as in the office areas.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.
Regional Operations Manager
Zeza Gomes has been working in the staffing industry since 2008 with a focus on administrative/professional placements, and skilled manufacturing positions. Zeza is responsible for the operation of our Metro South region which includes, but not limited to client development, management, recruiting, and compliance with Federal and State Laws. She demonstrates extensive knowledge in safety and risk management as well as Human Resources which gives her the skill set to recruit great candidates. She takes pride in connecting great people with great companies.