Verifies and keeps records on outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment; compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading invoices, orders or other records. Prepares material for kitting and processing for production.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons.
- Stacks items on pallets
- Binds containers with poly banding tape and poly wrap
- Stamps, stencils or glues identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers.
- Posts weights and shipping charges
- Tracks and maintains records of all shipments
- Routes items to departments
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Operates tier lift truck, pallet jack or uses hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipment's from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Keeps general working area clean.
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Dispositions production waste materials as needed.
- Performs sandblast operation on product as directed.
Job Type: Full-time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 75 pounds
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.