Shipping and Receiving Clerk
West Roxbury, MA 02132
- Fill Customer orders according to standard operating procedures. ( SOPs) Shipments include domestic and international.
- Arranging transportation that optimizes service and costs.
- Using computer hardware and software to generate pack slip, labels and BOL. Check items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination and routing are correct.
- Maintaining and organizing adequate shipping supplies.
- Ensuring that products processed for shipping are delegated to the correct courier.
- Ensuring shipping area is organized and clean at all times and meets all compliance factors.
- Receives incoming material. Count and verify the contents of the shipment matches the packing slip and Purchase order. Inspects shipments for damages or defects: records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Assist in labeling incoming material and moving raw material to appropriate inventory location.
- Follows established department policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety and environmental standards.
Education, Skills, and Abilities required:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to learn and use Visual Manufacturing software.
- Track record of successful shipping and receiving experiences in a fast pace environment. Dedication to continuous improvement and a team player.
- Ability to maintain quality and safety standards.
- Ability to receive, track and distribute materials, supplies and equipment
- Ability to read, sort, check and verify numbers.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel
- Ability to receive stock and deliver goods.
- Knowledge of postal or commercial shipping methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of secure shipping methods and procedures.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.
Marshea Kimble is a staffing professional with a focus on administrative/professional placements, customer service and skilled manufacturing positions. She demonstrates extensive knowledge in Hospitality and Human Resources which gives her the skill set to be a great recruiter. She takes pride in placing great candidates comfortable work environments.