Shipping and Receiving/Forklift Driving
Cranston, RI 02920 US
The warehouse laborer responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Building truck orders using forklift. Using floor scale to properly weight material. Use pallet banding equipment. Use pallet wrapping equipment.
- Load and unload incoming and outgoing trucks.
- Weigh and verify all material being received against packing lists.
- Report all discrepancies and/or damages.
- Maintain proper inventory counts.
- Prepare orders for shipment using our ERP system IFS;
- Mark pallets as specified by customer;
- Shipping of hazardous material;
- Prepare shipping documentation properly;
- Ensures health and safety standards are maintained.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a warehouse setting doing shipping and receiving;
- Willing to take the initiative and step up and do jobs as needed and with pride in their work;
- Ability to work as a team which includes multi-tasking, flexibility and adaptability with coworkers;
- Must be familiar with UPS and FedEx software;
- Must be very detailed oriented;
- Familiar with pulling orders in a fast-paced environment;
- Must be able to read, comprehend and communicate in English;
- Strong mathematical skills of addition and subtraction and computer skills;
- Must be able to pull and manipulate heavy charges from time to time;
- Must have experience in operating a fork lift; certification a plus;
Hazardous material certification, a plus.
At HW Staffing Solutions we recognize the value of our employee associates as equally as our clients. We are passionate about people and improving the lives of every associate, we do this by connecting you with great companies and great opportunities. We celebrate our awesome diversity, believe that everyone has a unique talent, and appreciate the passion and perspectives that each of us bring to the table. Discover a new way to work together with a company that is focused on offering the best opportunities, benefits and career advancement in Accounting & Finance, Office & Administrative, Light Industrial, Professional & Technical, Call Center, Food Processing and Hospitality. HW Staffing Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.