Supplier Quality Engineer
Franklin, MA 02038
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for the assurance of quality and on-time delivery of products & services procured for Company by proactive External Provider performance relationship management.
Reports directly to the Quality Assurance Manager.
1 . Compile scorecards of Critical External Provider On-Time Delivery and Quality performance & distribute internally on a quarterly basis. Facilitate Critical External Provider Performance review meetings to review performance against KPl's & formulate actions deemed necessary to address Critical External Providers who are not meeting performance expectations,
- Work collaboratively with Purchasing in the Qualification of Critical External Providers & ongoing management of Critical Supplier List & associated documentation providing evidence of Qualification Status.
3, Plan, schedule & execute audits of potential & existing Critical External Provider Quality Systems & operations to determine capabilities & assess risk(s) to Supply Chain integrity. Formulate and manage execution of corrective actions & improvement plans to drive Critical Supplier performance and reduce risks/opportunities in a timely fashion.
- Execute formalized 8D investigations of External Provider non-conformances and manage process through containment, root cause investigation & analysis, implementation of corrective and preventive actions and evaluation of action effectiveness.
- Manage External Provider non-conformances through SAP Q2 notification system.
- Participate in Internal Process-Based auditing & in Customer, External & 3rd Party audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- . Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related degree with a minimum of 2-5 years of demonstrated experience in External Provider Quality improvement, development, auditing and relationship management within a manufacturing related environment. Lead Auditor / CQA / CQE certification is a plus.
- Experience working within an IS09001 :2015 & AS 9100:2016 quality certified organization & application of those standards to the management of External Providers.
- Demonstrated proficiency with quality system tools (i.e. 8-D, 5-Why, Ishikawa diagram, control charts, Pareto charts), structured analytical tools and methodologies (i.e. SPC, pFMEA) and management techniques (i.e. Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen, 5s).
- Exceptional organizational, oral presentation, interpersonal and written communication skills; ability to effectively interact with all levels within and outside the organization.
- Proficiency with risk management tools and the ability to plan the actions needed to address risks, integrate actions into the QMS and evaluate the actions for effectiveness.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and process modeling & visualization tools (i.e. Visio); experience with SAP R/3 is highly desired.
- Familiarity with ITAR & EAR regulations & compliance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder).
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 50%.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.