Supply Chain Planner
Are you looking for a Planner position in a non-manufacturing environment? Do you enjoy working as part of a team? A large, stable distributor and service provider in Salem, NH is looking for a contract Planner to assist with order, data and inventory management.
The Supply Planner position is responsible for all supply chain planning, and will execute transfers from 23 warehouse locations. The individual in this role will be responsible for optimizing inventory across the network keeping in line with targeted customer service levels and desired inventory levels for assigned portfolio
- Order Management: Prepare, execute, and manage the daily/monthly/weekly order schedule to achieve line item fill rate (LIFR), order fill rate (OFR) and inventory goals. Coordinate activities and communication with Supplier Management and Operations teams to adjust plans for changes in forecast, actual supply, or demand. Order and replenish inventories in line with supplier lead times and requirements. Review and manage discrepant invoices on an exception basis that are not in complete agreement with purchase orders.
- Manage inventory transfers to the warehouse and maintains inventory levels in accordance with inventory policies and strategies. Monitor and track all shipments and on time delivery performance.
- Supply Chain Performance: Monitor and report on inventory levels, fill rates and backorders at both the company and branch level for designated product categories. Measure, communicate and act on supplier delivery & quality performance and identify key drivers of defects and develop / execute improvement programs..
- Planner will also be responsible for accurate and timely master data management of phase-out and discontinued SKUs in their assigned portfolio(s). Additionally, must be able to identify excess, obsolete and discontinued inventory issues and develop actions for disposition/avoidance.
- Track supplier commitments, and shipments in-transit. Provide inputs for supplier reviews/scorecards and take a proactive approach in corrective action with suppliers as necessary.
- Other: Special projects, analysis, and other duties as assigned.
- Strong computer literacy – general techniques and exposure to, Oracle R12, and IProcurement, and a high capability to learn quickly
- Detail oriented and organized, performs to a high degree of accuracy in all tasks
- Efficient time-management and prioritization skills in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and business competency
- Advanced skills to perform in-depth data analysis, interpret and draw conclusions
- Ability to analyze inventory performance, develop, and execute corrective actions
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal. Effective presentation of information (charts, graphs), excellent written communications with multiple platforms
- Ability to independently recognize issues and process-gaps and take corrective action
- Ability to self-manage requiring minimal supervision.
- Strong MS Excel Experience (Pivot Tables)
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.