Thrift Shop Associate
304 Hancock Pl Suite 3F , Bangor ME 04401 Old Town, ME 04468
Who We Are:
At HW Staffing Solutions, we want to help people in our community find jobs and provide them with the opportunity to achieve success. HW Staffing Solutions is built on the core principles of dignity, excellence and service. Our goal is simply to connect great people with great companies. We partner with job seekers and work hard to ensure the right fit. As HW Staffing Solutions continues to grow, it is our vision for our staff to embody the same core principles this company was founded on and to remember that our success wouldn’t be possible without the people who call on us every day for work.
This is for an associate with two years of retail experience or equivalent work experience. The Thrift Shop Associate will handle the day to day functions of the Thrift Shop, including sales and service, store stock management and store appearance. The associate strives to present the shop as a clean, courteous and valued place to shop.
What We Need From You:
- This is a part time position, Monday through Friday. Approximately 30 hours/week.
- Greet customers (both internal and external) and ascertain what each customer wants.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment free of hazards, dangers and obstacles.
- Answer questions regarding the store, merchandise and pricing.
- Recommend, select and sell merchandise based on customer wants and needs.
- Adhere to all company policies, most notably: follow and promote all GMP’s and SQF practices, follow safe work policies and practices.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and work environment.
- Communicate thrift shop issues and problems in a timely manner.
- Maintain records of inventory and production daily.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of current promotions and policies regarding sales discounts.
- Manage store inventory.
Must be available to work 12:45pm-5:30pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday; 5:30am-5:30pm on Wednesdays.
What You Will Receive:
At HW Staffing Solutions, our expert recruiters treat everyone with respect. Our entire staff provides a quality of excellence in service to both companies and employees that are uncompromised. When you partner with our company, this is what you can expect:
- Pre-placement screenings, training, and support at no cost to you.
- A commitment from HW Staffing Solutions to your personal and general safety.
- Optional health coverage programs while you are on assignment through HW Staffing.
- Local servicing and support through your HW Staffing Branch office for general inquiries and employee support for onsite issues.
- More than 35 years of experience in the staffing and recruiting industry from which to draw upon.
- An environment which fosters overall growth.
The successful candidate will have two years of retail experience or equivalent work experience, be eligible to work in the US and be able to pass a criminal background check.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.