Warehouse Distribution Worker
Las Vegas, NV 89115
Receives, stores and distributes material, equipment and products within the warehouse and to customers in such a manner as to insure optimal customer relations. The position further requires the picking and packing of merchandise for shipment to customers through a quick and accurate selection process.
Types of Machines, Tools and Equipment Used or Operated:
Hand and power trucks and/or transporters, banding and taping equipment, labeling and stenciling equipment, staplers, tackers, weight scales and other various hand and power tools.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Details dependent on duties assigned but not limited to, generally consist of the following:
- Works from warehouse procedures and/or verbal instructions.
- Verifies that outgoing shipments are properly packaged, identified and accurately filled by comparing items and quantities against documents.
- Helps load and unload shipments into and out of transporting vehicles.
- Uses hand or powered trucks to facilitate the handling of material through the warehouse.
- Lubricates and cleans warehouse equipment.
- Reads picking tickets, work orders/kits, supplier packing lists, MasterPack receivers, goods returned slips and/or requisitions for items to be moved, gathered or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving to storage or to other designated areas.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves or conveys orders to packing station and shipping department.
- Verifies accuracy of incoming shipments by comparing items and quantities unloaded against documents.
- Insures that goods are appropriately and clearly identified for internal routing and distribution.
- Sorts and places items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as product code, brand, size and type.
- Participates in regularly scheduled inventory cycle counts and/or full physical inventories when needed.
- Maintains accurate shipping and receiving records.
- May be required to assemble track groups.
- Communicates and cooperates with warehouse staff to divide daily responsibilities in the most efficient manner.
- Cut lumber or other packaging materials by hand or power tools to build boxing and crating or for blocking and bracing.
- May instruct or assist other warehouse employees.
- Responds in a professional, polite and supportive manner when dealing with customers.
Experience strapping pallets using steel and polyester strap
Lifting up to 50 +lbs
If interested please fill out the application on our website at www.hwstaffing.com. Please make sure to attached your resume.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.
In 1980, Helen Walsh had a vision. She wanted to help people in her community find jobs and provide them with the opportunity to achieve success. From that vision, a company was formed based on the core principles of dignity, excellence and service.
Helen and her son Ed grew the company: they led by example, inspiring their staff to provide a quality of excellence in service to both companies and employees that was uncompromised. In working together, HW Staffing Solutions continually achieved their common goal of connecting great people with great companies.
Today, nearly thirty-five years later, Helen's vision has been passed down through her son and HW Staffing Solutions has employed literally hundreds of thousands of people since its inception.
As HW Staffing Solutions continues to grow, it is essential for our staff to instill core principles the company was founded on and to remember that our success wouldn't be possible without the people who call on us every day for work.