Warehouse Lead Associate
Providence, RI 02905
- Reads daily pack-out list and customer packing slips to determine items to be picked, packed and shipped. Performs tasks involved in the shipping and receiving of materials, supplies, and finished goods. Unpacks incoming items, checks for shortages and rejects damaged goods. Prepares merchandise for customer’s final shipment, labels outgoing shipments, and routes shipments as directed by logistics department.
- Receives merchandise shipments, materials, and similar items in warehouse. Stores items as directed. Unloads product and organizes in warehouse. Alerts appropriate personnel when minimum re-order points for shipping supplies are reached.
- Conveys merchandise and items within physical warehouse by hand, hand truck, pallet jack, electric pallet jack or forklift
- Assists in ongoing inventory
- Oversees tasks and projects of Warehouse Associates
- Acts as backup to supervisor when needed
- Adheres to all safety requirements and standards
- Assists team with basic cleaning duties including sweeping, stacking, and recycling cardboard and emptying trash barrels when needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-3 Years prior warehouse experience
- Basic computer skills: MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) internet
- Prior supervisory experience a plus
- Forklift experience preferred
- Understanding of basic inventory procedures
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Heavy lifting up to 50 lbs. carried, pushed or pulled
- Must be able to move up to 2000 pounds using a pallet jack
- Must be able to stand, bend, reach for 8 hour shift
- Occasionally crawling, climbing, stooping
- Must be able to walk short distances
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.