Leominster, MA 01453
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides hands-on supervision of the warehouse to maximize workforce productivity and accuracy.
- Gives daily direction on shipping and receiving schedules, unscheduled down times and is responsible for the efficient utilization of all team members.
- Provides leadership in improving operating efficiencies, such as problem resolution, manages complexity and strives to be proactive.
- Achieves established customer order fill rates. Provides reports as necessary to measure and monitor KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) of the warehouse operation.
- Manages all shipping and receiving for the plant. Assures accurate on-time shipping and receiving of finished goods, work-in-process, raw materials and waste.
- Reviews and verifies that all products moving to the warehouse have the correct description, quantity and number.
- Tracks, traces and expedites pick lists and orders to ensure on-time arrival to include the overall support of the warehouse flow of inbound and outbound shipments.
- Ensures timely actions on customer complaints and develops root cause analysis to resolve customer issues.
- Manages the team in a manner that supports a positive work environment. Leads problem-solving activities for the warehouse as necessary.
- Directly supervises warehouse employees (Material Handlers) who load trucks for shipment.
- Develops, sets performance standards, monitors job performance and delivers team member feedback constructively and performance evaluations to provide personal growth and enhance team capabilities.
- Enforces plant rules, monitors attendance and provides corrective action (discipline) as necessary.
- Facilitates daily/weekly/monthly meetings as necessary to communicate any company or departmental updates to team members.
- Reviews safety guidelines, workplace safety policies and OSHA requirements with warehouse employees. Ensures the health, safety and cleanliness of the work environment.
- Interviews and selects new employees. Provides orientations and position training to new team members, and conducts re-training as necessary.
- Works with customer service to provide best in-stock dates where required; helps to identify opportunities to provide exceptional customer service.
- Provides key leadership during the annual inventory process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree and seven years of experience with emphasis on Supply Chain, Transportation or Logistics or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Progressive knowledge of warehouse operations; working knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Team player, problem solver, good coaching/teaching skills and can multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Computer experience to include SAP and Microsoft Office Competencies:
- Results oriented- hands on Management
- Leadership, management & vision necessary to ensure that the facility has the proper operational controls & work to meet or exceed expectations with a sense of urge
- Flexibility with people and operational assets
- Problem Solving
- Coaching and teaching skills
- Possess a value-added attitude
- Team Player
- Integrity in every action, respect for all
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.