Ayer, MA 01432
• Joins, fabricates, and repairs metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques.
• Interprets blueprints, specifications, diagrams or schematics to determine appropriate welding process.
• Inspects completed welds to determine structural soundness.
• Performs simple setups, operates hand router and grinder to perform repetitive grinding and routing of excess weldments.
• Works from written and verbal instructions and maintains necessary records.
• Uses powered hand grinder, sandblast machine, wire brush and file to provide base finish to welded surfaces. Removes all burrs, sharp edges and corners.
• Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and reports improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials to supervisor.
• Follows prescribed safety rules and regulations and maintains quality standards.
• Performs other duties as directed.
Education & Experience
• High School graduate and/or Technical degree.
• Must have 1 to 3 years experience of aluminum MIG welding techniques.
• Must be able to use mathematics in the use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, various types of precision measuring instruments.
• Must be able to read blueprints and have layout experience.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.