New Bedford, MA 02746
A welder must be able to perform the following processes & procedures:
- Possess/demonstrates an understanding of welding equipment & accessories.
- Manually TIG weld dissimilar metals i.e., cupronickel to stainless and stainless to stainless.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain weld quality and characteristics.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently use basic fixtures and hand tools.
- Must be experienced/demonstrate ability to produce quality welds using TIG and MIG processes.
- Must be able to identify and correct basic issues affecting weld quality.
- Able to operate required machinery in the department.
- Desire to perform at the highest level of competence and expedience at all times.
The following is a brief description of some of the duties and responsibilities but is not limited to:
- Responsible for good quality welding practices.
- Inspects completed product to ensure it meets all quality standards and specifications.
- Communicates with fellow workers and superiors to maintain safety and quality.
- Suggests production and quality improvement ideas to the Supervisor.
- Maintains tools and equipment in good working order.
- Responsible for housekeeping in assigned work areas.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment by following company safety policies and procedures by wearing all safety personal protective equipment “PPE” to maintain a safe work environment at all times.
- Must be able to read blue prints.
I. Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner as determined by departmental goals.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.